Job Creation Partnership (JCP)
Ontario Job Creation Partnerships is an employment program that provides work experience to unemployed job seekers within projects that benefit the community or local economy.
At the end of their participation, participants in the program will have recent work experience and additional skills to add to their résumés, increasing their chances of successfully finding long-term employment.
Who can Apply?
Job seekers who are unemployed can apply to participate if they meet one of the following conditions:
- They established a claim for Employment Insurance benefits or their Employment Insurance benefit period ended within the past three years.
- They established a claim for Employment Insurance maternity or parental benefits and were paid benefits within the past five years, and are re-entering the labour force after having left it to care for newborn or newly adopted children.
For the purpose of determining whether an individual qualifies as a participant, the date the completed application is received by Employment Ontario is the date when he or she is considered to have requested assistance.
To apply for the Job Creation Partnership see Ottawa Festivals at:
Who are eligible sponsors?
The following organizations are eligible to provide work experience through this program:
- Non-profit organizations
- Crown corporations
- Municipalities or provincial/territorial governments
- First Nations councils
- Public health and educational institutions
What type of projects are eligible?
- Should be finite in nature and incremental to the sponsors normal activities
- Should provide a benefit to the community or the local economy
- Should provide participants with a meaningful work experience
- Within their ability to do so, sponsors should share in the cost of the project
How can I get more information?
Please contact one of our centres below:
YSB - :ITO 2.0
301 Moodie Drive, Suite 203
Kanata, Ontario K2H 9C4
YSB Employment Services
1355 Bank Street, Suite 703
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8K7