Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
COJG will provide direct financial support to private-sector, individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- Require employers to contribute one-third of the total costs. There will be additional flexibility for small businesses to provide an in-kind contribution towards their share of the costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
If you’re an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
To participate in placements employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage
- Have adequate 3rd party general liability insurance
- Not currently involved in layoffs
YSB – :ITO 2.0
301 Moodie Drive, Suite 203
Kanata, Ontario K2H 9C4