Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides an opportunity for employers to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
COJG will provide direct financial support to individual employers who wish to purchase training for their employees. It will be available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees, and will:
- Provides financial supports per person for training costs.
- Require training to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
In addition to the above, an an employer must not be:
- a federal, provincial or municipal government and/or agency;
- a broader public sector organization, as defined by the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act;
- a Canada-Ontario Job Grant Service Provider; or
- currently in receipt of other government funds related to the same skills training
If you're an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
To participate in placements employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage
- Have adequate 3rd party general liability insurance
- Not currently involved in layoffs
To explore potential funding commitments against hypothetical training costs, refer to the Canada-Ontario Job Grant Funding Calculator. Note that the values used in the funding calculator are for illustrative purposes only. Click here for the calculator.
2 locations to better serve you:
301 Moodie Drive, Suite 203
Ottawa, Ontario K2H 9C4
1355 Bank Street, Suite 703
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8K7