Member Service Specialists in our Contact Centre
About this event
This role is the ambassador for Alterna members and Alterna Bank customers via member initiated contact through our Contact Centre. With a sincere desire to provide optimum service, successful candidates proactively focus on creating a strong member experience by quickly and efficiently solving member requests and delivering a full range of banking products and services. The successful incumbents will probe to uncover and assess overall needs of all members and customers (at every contact) and identify opportunities for cross-selling, up selling, and meeting the needs of all by providing appropriate education and advice on products and services. The Member Service Specialist contributes to the team’s sales plan through effective assessment of members’ financial needs and provides product and service solutions to satisfy needs.
- Meet sales targets by delivering products and services that satisfy the members’ primary need.
- Adheres to all sales and service processes for Contact Centre
- Probes to uncover additional needs to cross sell and up sell at every member interaction by looking for potential opportunities on member/customer accounts during interactions.
- Process Everyday Transactions – Bill Payments, Transfers, Online/Telebanking Assistance, cheque orders, address changes, stop payments, ABM cards, etc.
- Handles Investments calls – creating investments, inquiries, booking sales appointments to our branches.
- Handles Credit calls – Assist with investigating discrepancies & answering inquiries about their credit products, payments and booking sales appointments to our branches.
- Provides education and advice to members on basic transactional banking and less complex investment and credit situations.
- Respond to specific inquiries about Alterna’s activities, e.g. promotional campaigns, educational seminars, annual meeting, product/service changes, etc.;
- Provide general information to member and client inquiries as well as information of a specific nature (releasing account information to members/clients after obtaining sufficient identification) on the phone and via email.
- Attends and actively partakes in coaching sessions, huddles, sales initiatives and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Expectations / Outcomes
- Qualified sales referrals made to specialists and our strategic partners to surpass company goals
- Consistent exceptional member service provided to both internal and external members & clients to satisfy needs
- Adhere to all company policies and regulatory requirements on a consistent basis
- The ability to upsell and cross sell a number of product/services to generate/support our revenue goals
- Must be able to work Contact Centre hours including evenings, weekends and holiday on a rotational basis
Contact Centre hours:
- Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm
- Sat & Sun 9:30am - 4pm
- Post-Secondary Education in a related business field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year sales experience in a client facing role ideally in a financial institution
- Proven ability in sales and service
- Comprehensive knowledge of products, services and delivery channels
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent listening skills
- Ability to convey information to the audience in question (existing client; potential purchaser of service, new client, etc.)
- High level of proficiency with and ability to effectively learn, computer programs
About Alterna Savings
Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited (Alterna) has been the good in banking™ for over 110 years, and based on assets under management, is one of Canada's Top 10 credit unions (CCUA, 2021). Alterna is made up of Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited and its wholly owned subsidiary, Alterna Bank. Together, we have $10 billion in assets under management.
As the first full-service, member-owned co-operative financial institution outside Quebec, Alterna Savings shares its expertise with more than 185,000 members through a network of over 30 branches across Ontario, that includes partner Peterborough Community Savings; as well as call centre and digital channels. Members and customers also benefit from an industry-leading online brokerage, investment management services, and have access to over 43,000 surcharge-free ATMs in North America with THE EXCHANGE Network in Canada and the All point Network in the US.
Working at Alterna
Alterna offers a fast-paced, impactful work experience in an organization that cares about doing good. For over 100 years, Alterna has been creating financial services that transform lives for the better, all while giving back to our community.
We are incredibly proud of our corporate culture, where everyone works together towards a common goal, the financial wellbeing of our members and customers. This commitment has earned us several prestigious employer awards, including the National Capital Region's Top Employers award for six years running. * Although we appreciate all applicants, preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the qualifications, key skills, and competencies outlined above.
* Alterna is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you have a disability, please contact the recruiter to let us know how we can accommodate you.
We are an Employment Ontario Service provider and can assist you with all your employment needs
AUGUST 16th at 11am: We are hosting an information session in regards to this employment opportunity. This session will speak about the opportunity and provide you an opportunity to ask questions as well. Please register at https://alternacallcentre.eventbrite.ca to attend this session.
AUGUST 24th: You also have the opportunity to secure your interview spot by clicking this link: https://Alterna-InterviewsAug.eventbrite.ca